Wednesday, 1 April 2009

Minority Report

The future can be seen. The system is perfect. It's never wrong.

Tuesday 31 March. 19:00

DASH AND ARTHUR:

"The cash game at the Loose Cannon followed the usual pattern for me. A strong start, followed by a tailing off and eventually resulting in implosion. In attendence were The Baron, the two Davids, Uncle Paulie, Devski, The Hairdresser and Stevie C.

After generating a profit of about £300, I frittered most of it away in a hand against the Baron. With £120 in the pot, the Baron overbet shoved on the river for £150 on a board of AKJ72. I thought he would only do this with the nuts or a complete bluff, so I made the ambitious call with my 87 and was shown QT.

My stack dribbled southwards and my next big hand involved an all in pre-flop affair for £400 with the Baron when I held AA82. The Baron held JT98 so I was in decent shape, but the flop of 6, 7, 5 left me in dure straights as the Baron held the nuts, and I didn't hit my runner runner.

Incredibly an action re-run saw me get all in with the Baron (again!) with my AAK3 double suited against his JT98 (again). Yet again my hand didn't hold up, and I was left to bemoan my luck. Yet another night where I was miles ahead and ended up behind, this time for a loss of £450."

Tuesday 31 March. 19:00

AGATHA:

"The cash game at the Loose Cannon was a complete reversal from recent form for me. I started like an absolute drain, and was staring down the barrell of a £500 loss after a sizeable outdraw and a few questionable plays. I ponied up my last £250 and began my comeback. In attendence were The Baron, the two Davids, Uncle Paulie, Devski, The Hairdresser and Stevie C.

Despite being in the hole already, I made a good lay down against the Baron. With £120 in the pot, the Baron overbet shoved on the river for £150 on a board of AKJ72. I thought he would only do this with the nuts or a complete bluff, and I only had a 7, so it was fifty/fifty. I recalled speaking to him in recent weeks and he felt that I had a weakness, in that I would not walk away from a sizeable pot if I had anything. Unless he was doing an elaborate double bluff, this directed my thinking to the fact he probably had QT and was preying on this leak in my game. I made the laydown (which I don't think I'd have done a couple of weeks ago), and he confirmed he did indeed have the nuts later in the night.

My stack climbed steadily northwards, before and my next big hand involved an all in pre-flop affair for £400 with the Baron, when I held AA82 against his JT98. The Baron ended up with 2 pair, but a pair of sixes on the flop counterfeited him and I took down a nice pot.

Incredibly an action re-run saw me get all in with the Baron (again!) with my AAK3 double suited against his JT98 (again!). Yet again my hand held up, and I was delighted to end the night £450 up, an upward swing of about 1k. Hopefully I can carry some momentum forward now, into tomorrow's tournament and the home game on Saturday"


"Find the Minority Report"
"How do I even know which one has it?"
"It's always in the more gifted of the three"
"The female"


P&L GBP 2009
Live Tournaments (90)
Live Cash 1,273
Online Tournaments (1,867)
Online Cash (250)
Poker Festivals (675)
Rake (930)

Total (2,539)

No comments: