Wednesday, 15 April 2009

You've been hero'd

Seeing as I won't be playing next week, I popped into the Loose Cannon to play a bit of heads up Omaha with the Baron. However, we got a bit bored, so decided to enter the £10 Double Chance tournament downstairs to pass the time.

The Baron pretty much immediately cracked Aces (standard), but blew away his big stack with a series of blind raises and re-raises. I played more methodically, and was flying with 16 runners remaining on 25k (45 runners started with an average of 3k each). Unfortunately I then lost a 26k pot race 99 verses AK to cripple me before tantrum shoving K9 UTG to bust to the same player.

Anyhow, the interesting hand was in the micro cash game afterwards (where I impressed even myself by losing £200 in a 25p/25p game).

I find 8s3s UTG and make it £3. We get a few callers.

Flop arrives TcTdJc

Checked to me so I bet £10

Big Blind calls.

Turn is Js

Check, Check

River is Qc

Pot is £30ish so I bet £30 to put him all in. He thinks for a while and then calls with KING HIGH.

I'm still trying to work out if it's the best call or the worst call I've ever seen.

Let's review the board again: TcTdJcJsQc

He loses to house, trips, flush, straight, straight flush and Ace high.Incredible. Not a big pot, but I was stunned :(

One more tournament for me on Thursday, before a much needed week out of London away from work, traffic and poker. Can't wait.........

P&L GBP 2009
Live Tournaments (90)
Live Cash 208
Online Tournaments (2,267)
Online Cash (250)
Poker Festivals (675)
Rake (1,111)

Total (4,185)

No comments: