Friday, 1 May 2009

BBQ Footprint

About half way through the £50 tournament at the LC last night, I heard a dull thud on the radiator, noticing a chicken wing had mysteriously landed next to me on the radiator from on high. Moments later my white shirt took a direct hit from Chan's second chicken bullet, leaving a big barbeque footprint on my left shoulder. Always such a professional environment at the Cannon :)

Anyhow - here are the key hands from my tournament:

Hand1
I limp for 50 on the button with QcTc. David, who is fairly wild, raises to 200 and I decide to take a flop in position.

Flop: Q, 8, 8

I check, David bets 400 which I call.

Turn: 8, giving me a full house.

I check, David bets 1200 which I call.

I am a little worried by a bigger pair here, so I check the meaningless river and so does David and my hand is good. Could have won a bit more here on the river I feel.

Hand2
I raise with AT and get a call from the big blind.

Flop arrives ten high with 2 diamonds, and I raise the big blind's bet to take it down

Hand3
I call pocket 6s on the button in a three way pot. I miss but take it down with a bet on the turn, when it is continually checked around.

After this strong start I am up to 8k from a 5k starting stack.

Hand4
Diaster strikes. I raise to 900 with AK and receive a call from James, a young, aggressive player.

Flop arrives all low cards, and I check/float his 900 bet on the flop.

Turn brings a second diamond, so I lead for 2k, to represent protecting against the flush draw, but he raises to 5k so I have to pass. I think I played my hand strongly here, so I tend to believe he had it. He claimed AK also, but I am not so sure. If so, well played to him.

Down to 3.5k now

Hand4
I shove for 3,100 with AQ under the gun, pretty standard I guess. Button doesn't notice and calls the 300 big blind. After being told his 300 has to stay in the pot, he decides that a hand that was good for a limp, is now good for a call of a bet ten times that amount! He has AT and the first card out is a ten to send me to the rail.

The cash game afterwards goes well, although it was a bit of a rollercoaster. I was down £500 at one point, but ended the session up a shade over £500 so it was a great turnaround. I am fortunate to win a decent pot with AJ against AK and AQ when I hit a straight, but the most bizarre hand of the night happened near the end.

There is some pre-flop silly buggers, so myself and two others generate a £40 pot blind. Flop arrives J, 9, 8. Big stack shoves BLIND for £500 and I peek down at J8 for two pair and call off my £400 stack to win a monster pot. Not sure what was going through the big stack's mind there, as he was playing very well until that implosion.

My next venture will be online.....

P&L GBP 2009
Live Tournaments (190)
Live Cash 1,008
Online Tournaments (2,267)
Online Cash (250)
Poker Festivals (675)
Rake (1,246)

Total (3,620)

2 comments:

fLuke said...

Who was the blind shove from? Kinda sounds like a drunken Jody move...

DungBeetle said...

The shover did not want to have his identity revealed on the blog.