Wednesday, 13 May 2009

Where to from here?

Confidence is now at an all time low, after I suffered my biggest ever live cash loss of £1,300 last night. The single bright point of 2009 on the poker front had been my much improved live cash performances, but this total is now into the red along with everything else.

Hole cards last night were wretched, and even worse I didn't catch any flops with the assorted dung I was raising with. The one time I did catch a double belly buster on the flop, I check raised committing myself having not played a hand for a couple of orbits. Fluke judged the non-nut flush draw good enough to put me all in and after running it three times I contrived to lose the lot.

I tried to force the issue, and this just exacerbated the losses as triple barrel bluffs were picked off twice.

The final hand summed up the debacle. Down to my last £250ish the Baron raises blind to £12 while pouring a drink. Two callers I think, so I make it £50 with A2off. The Baron peeks at his cards and insta shoves his £1k+ stack into the middle obviously forcing the others to fold. I figure he is at it, as he has everyone covered and no-one in the pot can hurt him too much. I call off my last £200 and he has.................pocket Kings. Must be nice.

I'm off to the International £200 event tonight. I figure a focus on some tournaments over the coming weeks might be the best way to kick out of this slump. I don't even need to win - I'd be happy with just playing well as a starting point!


P&L GBP 2009
Live Tournaments (240)
Live Cash (542)
Online Tournaments (3,667)
Online Cash (250)
Poker Festivals (675)
Rake (1,407)

Total (6,781)

1 comment:

Truthans said...

I experienced the same in my last to live cash sessions. You start of willing to play well and then some fundamental mistakes will occur. You think you only played one hand in the last two hours and choose the wrong spot to pull off a triple barrel. Sometimes it is so tough to play well.